Sen̓áḵw is a village located near what is now Vanier Park in the Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver. Squamish people would travel to this spot and to Iy̓ál̓mexw (Jericho Beach) every summer to go fishing and enjoy other summer activities. Around the year 1860, a permanent village was established at Sen̓áḵw. Chepx̱im Siy̓am (Chief George) and his people built houses, a long house, orchards, and garden plots there. Many Squamish families moved there to live permanently, including August Jack Khatsahlano who was a famous Squamish chief and historian.
Sen̓áḵw was made an official Indian Reserve in 1876 (Kitsilano Indian Reserve 6) but as the city grew and the land became more desirable, the government wanted the land and for the Squamish people to leave. The Squamish people did not want to leave but the government threatened them, saying that if they did not move, they would be forcibly removed or even killed. In 1913, the last Squamish families of Sen̓áḵw were forced onto a barge and moved to the Squamish River area. In the 1970s, the Squamish Nation started a legal process to get the land back again, and in 2001 they won back 11.7 acres in the area.